audrey

Default Question

is there a way that when you enter a "name" into a cell - it can trigger a
comment or note? I have a schedule that when certain items are entered, I
need a note or comment to pop up -
thanks in advance

JulieD

Hi audrey

yes, via the use of a worksheet_change event ...
if you'ld like to give us some more information we can help construct this
for you ...
- is the entry of the data into a particular row / column / cells or could
it be anywhere in the workbook?
- is it for a particular sheet in the workbook or could it be on different
sheets?
- do you want a message box on the screen with an OK button or do you want a
cell comment inserted?

Cheers
JulieD

"audrey" wrote in message
is there a way that when you enter a "name" into a cell - it can trigger a
comment or note? I have a schedule that when certain items are entered, I
need a note or comment to pop up -
thanks in advance

Audrey

the data would be in a particular column - each time, and it is only for one
workbook, and it needs to trigger a comment
ie: village at williams creek - data entered
no kickers - comment

there would be different data entered that would need to trigger a different
comment

thank you

"audrey" wrote in message
is there a way that when you enter a "name" into a cell - it can trigger a
comment or note? I have a schedule that when certain items are entered, I
need a note or comment to pop up -
thanks in advance

JulieD

Hi Audrey

this will add in a comment if "village at williams creek" is typed into a
cell in column B

----

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Column = 2 Then 'column B (change as necessary)
If Trim(Target.Value) = "village at williams creek" Then
Target.AddComment "no kickers"
ElseIf Trim(Target.Value) = "yes" Then
Target.AddComment "no"
Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub
---

to use the code, right mouse click on the sheet you want the code to run on
and choose view code
copy & paste the code into the right hand side of the screen. If any lines
turn red, click at the end of the line and press the delete key, this should
fix up any line wrap problems.
now use ALT & F11 to switch back to your workbook ... type "yes" into a cell
in column B and the comment "no" should be added to the cell ... if you type
"village at williams creek" you should get "no kickers"

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"audrey" wrote in message
is there a way that when you enter a "name" into a cell - it can
trigger a
comment or note? I have a schedule that when certain items are
entered, I
need a note or comment to pop up -
thanks in advance

Audrey

Thank you so very much, too many things in a schedule to remember :-) this
will help tremendously.
Have a wonderful day

"audrey" wrote in message
is there a way that when you enter a "name" into a cell - it can
trigger a
comment or note? I have a schedule that when certain items are
entered, I
need a note or comment to pop up -
thanks in advance

JulieD

Hi Audrey

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback ... please feel free to post back
if you need assistance in adding other conditions.

Cheers
JulieD