Edgar Thoemmes

Default Conditionally formating weekends

Hi

I have a holiday planner which is set up with days of month in range c3:ag3.
Name of the staff in b4:b7. Staff will update this with either a 'F'(full
day) or 'H'(half day).

I have all months on the same sheet so feb dates will start in range
c11:ag11 and march will start in c17:ag17 etc

I have set up conditional formatting to highlight the cell depending on the
entry made but I would like if possible is to highlight all cells which are
weekends in grey. Can anyone advise how to do this?

TIA

JICDB

You could use conditional formatting with a formula. Select that entire
column you want formatted and choose formula from the drop down box. I don't
know the exact verbage so maybe someone can help you with that part but in
essence you are saying =if DAY(cell with date) LEFT=S, then select the grey
formatting. (If the day of week of this cell begins with an S, then color it
gray)

"Edgar Thoemmes" wrote:

Hi

I have a holiday planner which is set up with days of month in range c3:ag3.
Name of the staff in b4:b7. Staff will update this with either a 'F'(full
day) or 'H'(half day).

I have all months on the same sheet so feb dates will start in range
c11:ag11 and march will start in c17:ag17 etc

I have set up conditional formatting to highlight the cell depending on the
entry made but I would like if possible is to highlight all cells which are
weekends in grey. Can anyone advise how to do this?

TIA

Bob Phillips

Using conditional formatting with a formula of

=WEEKDAY(C11,2)5

Select C11:AG11 and apply this format and formula, then just copy it to the
rest.

--

HTH

RP

"Edgar Thoemmes" wrote in message
Hi

I have a holiday planner which is set up with days of month in range

c3:ag3.
Name of the staff in b4:b7. Staff will update this with either a 'F'(full
day) or 'H'(half day).

I have all months on the same sheet so feb dates will start in range
c11:ag11 and march will start in c17:ag17 etc

I have set up conditional formatting to highlight the cell depending on

the
entry made but I would like if possible is to highlight all cells which

are
weekends in grey. Can anyone advise how to do this?

TIA

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assuming A2 is the active cell