Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Midas

Default imported data into excel

My bank has recently changed its website presentation.

I normally copy and paste data from my web bank account page into an excel
spreadsheet. The data in three columns contains date, text, and amounts in
numbers. Now however, I can format layout, text etc but for some reason the
date cells cannot be formatted nor can the numbers be added to give a total.

The cells seem to be "inert". Is there a way of rectifying this within Excel??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick Hodge

Midas

Enter a 1 in a blank cell. Copy it. Go to your numbers and dates and
editpaste specialValues + Multiply. You will need to format the cells as
dates and numbers now, but that should kick them back to life

--
HTH
Nick Hodge