Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mis

Default function in to make text plural?

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into the next column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Groovy_Kincaid

Hi Mis,

Try this:

In the column to the right of your singular word, enter the letter s. This
is what is should look like:

Column A Column B
Single s

Now copy the s down the column to your last singular word ( I assume row 1000)

In the example above, enter the formula =concatenate(a1,b1) in column C, row
1.

I think that is what you are looking for.
"Mis" wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into the next column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Mis

With this method you're going to have an awful lot of spelling mistakes, but if
you're happy.....??

Gord

"Mis" wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into the next column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Why not 'hard code' the "s" in the formula, so that you don't need the
additional column?

Try this:

=A1&"s"

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Mis" wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into the next
column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

This will still give wrong results. E.g, "box" - "boxs",
"entity"-"entitys"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Why not 'hard code' the "s" in the formula, so that you don't
need the additional column?

Try this:

=A1&"s"

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit !

"Mis" wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into
the next column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Doesn't seem to matter to Mis

Gord

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:25:31 -0500, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

This will still give wrong results. E.g, "box" - "boxs",
"entity"-"entitys"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

You're right Gord.
The only reason I suggested it was because of the *very enthusiastic*
acceptance of Groovy's solution.

RD

wrote:

This will still give wrong results. E.g, "box" - "boxs",
"entity"-"entitys"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

I'm just being picky these days RD.

Ben cooped up since early February with some unspecified illness that seems to
be abating.

Getting better and feeling my oats.

Looking for a fight<g

Be on the Golf Course by Mid-July I believe.

Gord