Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default function in to make text plural?

Mis

With this method you're going to have an awful lot of spelling mistakes, but if
you're happy.....??

Gord

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:01:02 -0700, Mis wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This saves me a lot of time. :)

"Groovy_Kincaid" wrote:

Hi Mis,

Try this:

In the column to the right of your singular word, enter the letter s. This
is what is should look like:

Column A Column B
Single s

Now copy the s down the column to your last singular word ( I assume row 1000)

In the example above, enter the formula =concatenate(a1,b1) in column C, row
1.

I think that is what you are looking for.
"Mis" wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking to copy 1000 cells of singular form text into the next column
and make it plural. Is there a function to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP