Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
punkorganist

Default Solving for multiple algebraic variables

Dear gurus,

I'm trying to transcribe a complicated problem for a large project onto
an excel sheet to give me 4092 sets of answers rather than me calculate
each set by hand. In my case I'm ultimately solving for twelve
variables. (if, I were to try graphing, it would take 12 dimensions).

-------------

Simply put: How do you solve for a variable when the equation is not in
the terms of the variable? For example: x+2=3 My equation is too
complicated to be transcribed as 3-2=x. Does excel support this?

------------

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!
Sincerely,
Chris

P.S. If this is not written clearly, then I will gladly clarify.

--
punkorganist
punkorganist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35699

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
punkorganist

Many MANY^23875 thanks!!!!

--
punkorganist
punkorganist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35699
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=554827

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RonnieD

Do you have more information on the equations you are trying to solve?
Are they linear equations? over 4000 solutions in 12 variables sounds
like they are not.

I would try Mathematica, Maple, or some other symbolic math program.

--
RonnieD
RonnieD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35736