Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Default VBA reseting variables

By declaring the variables outside a sub, they're not only available to other
subs but they'll also retain their values (til you close the file, at least).
If there's a point at which they should be reset, you'll have to explicitly
perform that step in your macro, probably at the start of your Main macro.
If the variables should never retain their values, you might just add a
series of assignments at the beginning of your Main sub: Var1 = Nothing:
Var2 = Nothing, ...

"Jeff" wrote:

Hi,

I have a Module with about 10 seperate macros? I mean these -- "Sub
Macros()"
I have declared variables at the top of the module so that each macro can
use the variable that is reset periodically in other macros. Then I have
this combobox that calls a Main macro that calls the macros and basically
calculates a fund.

The problem is that when I run the macro, (and the values of the fund are
print out on a sheet in the workbook), and then run it again, the values
change. So I am assuming that some of the variables are not being reset or
"hold onto" their previous value. The fund should not change because I am
running the same values.

Does anyone have any advice if the variables are not being reset, or if
there is a way to automatically reset the variables?

i would appreciate any help on this thanke