Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard RE

Default Problem with decimal format

Hi,

We have problem with a spreadsheet where we use VBA to move inputed data in
cells within a column to
a row. The inputed data looks like, 0,3446325533953 and
0,45324657652432 etc, when moved to the assigned row it only have 3
decimals and in this case the above figures will show 0,345 and 0,453 when
moved to the cells in the row. For
the most of the time this function works all right in the spreadsheet
template, but sometimes the format of the cells changes. It converts to hash
symbols (#####), and when moving
the cursor to the cell it instead of saying 0,345 (as for the example above)
it says 3446325533953,000. It looks like decimal format problem bug for me.
When
we run "detect and repair" excel solves the wrong output. But since "detect
and repair" takes long time to run we can't live with this in a production
manner.

We are are running an english version of office 2003 pro with sp2 on a
windows xp pro sp2 computer.

a sample of the VBA for the funtction to move inputed cell data looks like
this.

Private Sub CommandButton7_Click() 'Godkänd
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "A").value = Cells(15, "J").value
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "B").value = TextBox3
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "C").value = CSng(TextBox1)
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "D").value = CSng(TextBox2)
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "E").value = CSng(TextBox4)
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "F").value = CSng(TextBox5)
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "G").value = CSng(TextBox6)
Cells(15 + Cells(15, "J").value, "H").value = CSng(TextBox2.value -
TextBox5.value)
End Sub

We look forward for any hints and proposals of solution.

Thanks,
//Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"Richard RE" wrote in message

[...]

There are two places which govern whether a comma or a decimal poiint is
used as a decimal separator. One is in the Regional Settings for Windows
(not Excel) in Control Panel. The other is in Excel under Tools/ Options/
International. I would guess that one or other of these has been set to
something different from what you want?
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard RE

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"Richard RE" wrote in message

[...]

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at this settings when visiting my
customer next time. Thanks.

//Richard