Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
diamonds

Default finding duplicate addresses

Hi to all,
I'm an Excel Virgin, well, Ok, I've went a little ways, but not all the
way and I'm desperate.

I have about 18,000 entries on a mailing list. I've sorted by last name
to find duplicate addresses (combined two lists) and it's tedious beyond
belief.

Is there a way to take just the "address" column and search for
duplicates without going through them one by one?

Please?
Help?
Quick?

Thanks!

--
diamonds
diamonds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35646

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave

Diamonds

Check out this link Chip Pearson's site. It should help you.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Dave

"diamonds" wrote in
message ...

Hi to all,
I'm an Excel Virgin, well, Ok, I've went a little ways, but not all the
way and I'm desperate.

I have about 18,000 entries on a mailing list. I've sorted by last name
to find duplicate addresses (combined two lists) and it's tedious beyond
belief.

Is there a way to take just the "address" column and search for
duplicates without going through them one by one?

Please?
Help?
Quick?

Thanks!