Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
floridasurfn

Default date function to find most recent order

i have a calculations page that references a client page for information. i
also use an indirect formula so i only have to change one reference # on my
sheet for the mose recent info.
here is a formula that works now:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$I$2:$I"&$O$1)="SUNBELT"),--(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$Q$2:$Q"&$O$1)))

i tried to use these 2 formulas to find the most recent date a client has
ordered
the client name for this example is homeside

This is what i tried to adapt from a previous posting answer:
=MAX(IF--(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$I$2:$I"&$O$1)="HOMESIDE"),--(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$E$2:$E"&$O$1)))

the response to this formula is #name? ... so i think i am close, but have
never tried to use the max(if function and am not familiar w/ it

finally i tried to simplify it some and came up w/ this:
=MAX(IF("CLIENT!$I$2:$I$2345"="HOMESIDE","CLIENT!$ E$1:$E$"))

the response to this one is 1/0/1900

finally the original posting was answered that i need to use and array
ctrl + shift + enter (i have no clue why this works but on the client page
only.. not on the summary page

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You don't need a double unary in this equation

=MAX(IF(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$I$2:$I"&$O$1)="HOMESIDE" ),(INDIRECT("CLIENT!$E$2:$

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips