Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChrisMattock

Default Simple stuff (Probably)

Hey all,

Just need some quick help, need to have a cell show this....

GAP/06/21300

Where...

GAP comes from Cell A1

06 comes from Cell A2 (Currently I'm using "=year(now())", but tht
gives 2006, not 06)

21300 comes from A3

Optimisticly tried =A1,"/",A2,"/",A3, obvioulsy didn't work, Im not
great at this btw!

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Browner

use the concatenate formula... to look like this in whichever cell you
wanted to show this:

=Concatenate(c1,c2,c3)

--
Browner
Browner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33657

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

Try

=A1&"/"&RIGHT(A2,2)&"/"&A3 if a2 contains 2006

or

==A1&"/"&TEXT(A2,"yy")&"/"&A3 if a2 contains a date

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChrisMattock

Thanks guys, that's brilliant, now how about if I want the next bit to
be the initials of someones name? i.e. cell A4 has Chris Mattock, and I
need to get CM?

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33912
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=553516

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is it always going to be first name SPACE second name - if so, use
LEFT(CellRef,1) to get the first initial and MID(CellRef,search("
",CellRef)+1,1) to get the second initial

ChrisMattock wrote:
Thanks guys, that's brilliant, now how about if I want the next bit to
be the initials of someones name? i.e. cell A4 has Chris Mattock, and I
need to get CM?

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33912
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=553516

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

=LEFT(A4,1) & MID(A4,FIND(" ",A4,1)+1,1)

will get initials assuming only first and last name present separated by one
blank.

HTH

"ChrisMattock" wrote:

Thanks guys, that's brilliant, now how about if I want the next bit to
be the initials of someones name? i.e. cell A4 has Chris Mattock, and I
need to get CM?

--
ChrisMattock
ChrisMattock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33912
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=553516

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

How about

=A1 & "/" & TEXT(TODAY(),"YY") & "/" & A3

--
Kevin Vaughn