Qaspec

Default SUM values between dates

I have 2 columns D7:D36 and E7:36
Column D contains dates ie: 9/7/2004
Column E contains a value ie: 2
In another cell I would like to add the values for column E if the
corresponding row in D is in the month of September 2004.
Any help would be great.
JulieD

Hi

one option

=SUMPRODUCT(--(D1:D36=DATEVALUE("9/1/04")),--(D1:D36<=DATEVALUE("9/30/04")),E1:E36)

check out

for more details on the sumproduct function

Cheers
JulieD