Barb Reinhardt

I suspect you want to plot an XY Scatter chart. The dates need to be in a
numeric format to do that.

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Probably a simple solution....and staring me in the face.

I have a table containing dates and values. The dates may progress but

the
day interval is variable depending when the values were recorded.

I need to plot the values with the dates on the x axis. So far I can only
get the graph to treat each date as an event, thus the true date interval

is
not reflected. This distorts the graph.

How does one configure Excel to plot against a calendar interval on the x
axis?

Many thanks

Jon Peltier

Numeric, but still in date format. In addition, if the category values for a line
chart are numerical and in a number format, Excel draws a time scale axis, which
accurately represents the elapsed days between dates.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services