Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

Default SUMIF variation?

Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns being
various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me totals for
a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar except giving
me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

One way might be to have a few frozen rows at the top of your sheet, then
use the AutoFilter to sort the data, and use the SUBTOTAL functions at the
top of the columns to sum the filtered results.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns

being
various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me totals

for
a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar except

giving
me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A200)=1),B2:B200)

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns

being
various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me totals

for
a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar except

giving
me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

Thanks. One question though. What are the 2 dashes before the
(MONTH(A2:A2000)?

Bob

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns

being
various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me totals

for
a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar except

giving
me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruno Campanini

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns
being various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me
totals for a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar
except giving me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Dates are in A1:A10
values to summarize are in B1:B10
the month is 2 (FEB):

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=2)*(B1:B10))

Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed
explanation.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns

being
various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me

totals
for
a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar except

giving
me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

I am having trouble getting it to work, but first of all it looks like from
the description sumproduct multiplies things. Is this correct? I am just
trying to add up all the sales for a particular month.

Bob

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns
being various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me
totals for a particular date in col A. How would I do something similar
except giving me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Dates are in A1:A10
values to summarize are in B1:B10
the month is 2 (FEB):

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=2)*(B1:B10))

Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

The only thing I can think is that the 'date' column has text not dates.

Classically, SUMPRODUCT does multiply arrays, but if you had read that paper
I referenced for you, you would have seen how it's usage has been extended.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns
being various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give me
totals for a particular date in col A. How would I do something

similar
except giving me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Dates are in A1:A10
values to summarize are in B1:B10
the month is 2 (FEB):

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=2)*(B1:B10))

Bruno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

I'll study further.

Thanks

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns
being various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give
me
totals for a particular date in col A. How would I do something

similar
except giving me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Dates are in A1:A10
values to summarize are in B1:B10
the month is 2 (FEB):

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=2)*(B1:B10))

Bruno

How to use SUMIF to return sums between two values located in cells ScottBerger Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 23rd 23 09:05 PM
Sumif of Sumif perhaps? Fred Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 29th 06 05:39 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 03:37 AM
Embedding a Sumif in a sumif C.Pflugrath Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 31st 05 07:31 PM
SUMIF with Mutiple Ranges & Criteria PokerZan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 4th 05 10:31 PM