Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Newman

Default SUMIF variation?

I'll study further.

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
The only thing I can think is that the 'date' column has text not dates.

Classically, SUMPRODUCT does multiply arrays, but if you had read that
paper
I referenced for you, you would have seen how it's usage has been
extended.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
I am having trouble getting it to work, but first of all it looks like

from
the description sumproduct multiplies things. Is this correct? I am
just
trying to add up all the sales for a particular month.

Bob

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
"Bob Newman" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have a sheet with col. A being a list of dates and the other columns
being various figures. I know how to use the sumif function to give
me
totals for a particular date in col A. How would I do something

similar
except giving me sums for all figures within a particular month?

Dates are in A1:A10
values to summarize are in B1:B10
the month is 2 (FEB):

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=2)*(B1:B10))