Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kina

Default how do I calculate minutes when given two times?

I have a spreadsheet that contains one set of cells that is time in and
another set of cells that is time out.
I have been able to calculate elapsed time in hours and minutes by
converting the time in and time out to military time. Excel is reading this
as a time of day rather than the length of time.
How do I convert the elapsed time into minutes so that I can measure averages
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

If you have time in this format hh:mm you can convert it to minutes by
multiplying with 1440 and format it as General (don't forget to change the
format)

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Kina" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that contains one set of cells that is time in and
another set of cells that is time out.
I have been able to calculate elapsed time in hours and minutes by
converting the time in and time out to military time. Excel is reading
this
as a time of day rather than the length of time.
How do I convert the elapsed time into minutes so that I can measure
averages

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mallycat

Try this

Enter 8:30 in cell a1
enter 14:45 in cell a2
The elapsed time in minutes is =HOUR(A2-A1)*60+MINUTE(A2-A1)

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35514