Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default finding duplicate rows

i have in a list. there are almost 2000 rows. I ould like to be able to
find
duplicates by comparing hours and months and year and name then
highlight the
duplicates.

have a worksheet that has

Client Task Description Hours Month Day Year Name
soandso payroll type of p/r 1.00 jan 1

2005 me
whats bookkeeping type of bkpg 2.00 febuary 4

2006 him

I get the list by coping and pasting values from timesheets to a
worksheet
named all time data. i am looking for a way to make sure that the
information I enter is correct and not duplicates.

Thanks for any thoughts

Gary Reger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

Try concatenating everything you want to compare into a helper column and use
the countif function.

Let's say your data is in column A2:A100. Add another helper column (for
now) with =COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2) and copy down. Any values greater than 1 will
be duplicates. You can autofilter and remove them fairly quickly.