Cloudburst99

Default Replicating Formulas with Various Worksheet References

I have inherited an Excel file that has many worksheets and one summary
worksheet at the front. The summary takes information from certain cells in
all of the individual worksheets that follow.

That said, I have to create a similar NEW file for a different purpose.
However, the layout is identical and I can use the above file as the template
and merely change the individual worksheets and narratives on the summary.
However, I have had to add and delete a good many worksheets. My summary
sheet has about 50 lines and each individual line takes data from about eight
different cells on the same worksheet, a different worksheet to each line.

Is there an easy way to replicate these formulas on the summary sheet so I
do not have to go into each individual cell in each line and update it? I
know how to generally replicate formulas on the same page in Excel, but not
sure how to do it when the formulas references different worksheets.
Ralph Howarth

I would try...

Take a copy of the original Excel file/workbook and save it to another name,
edit the names of the tabs to be the target tab names you want, then go and
move the tabs to the order you want. Go back to the summary worksheet and
move the rows in the order you want.

There may be a way to Find / Replace the worksheet in a formula; but I do
not know at the moment. Actually, I somewhat need to do the same thing for
different reason now that I want to change the worksheet related to some
formulas. I'll let you know if I figure something else out.