Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VegasBurger

Default How can I make the box remain empty instead of N/A#

currently I am using this formula =VLOOKUP(E5,Sheet2!A:D,4,FALSE) in one of
my cells. Now when E5 is empty this cell displays N/A#, how can I change it
to either show a symbol such as - or remain empty?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Mathews

To return a dash if E5 is empty, you can do this
=IF(ISBLANK(E5),"-",VLOOKUP(E5,Sheet2!A:D,4,FALSE))

To return a blank if E5 is empty, do this:

"VegasBurger" wrote:

currently I am using this formula =VLOOKUP(E5,Sheet2!A:D,4,FALSE) in one of
my cells. Now when E5 is empty this cell displays N/A#, how can I change it
to either show a symbol such as - or remain empty?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E5,Sheet2!A:D,4,FALSE)),"",VLOOKU P(E5,Sheet2!A:D,4,FALSE))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3