Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fonz

Default Help with cell formatting

I would like to format a column of cells to allow for me to enter text and
for the cells to automatically make the txt ini all capital letters. HOw can
this be done please? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

First, select the column and select the cell format to be text
Second, touch the CAPS LOCK key
third, type
--
Gary's Student

"Fonz" wrote:

I would like to format a column of cells to allow for me to enter text and
for the cells to automatically make the txt ini all capital letters. HOw can
this be done please? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fonz

I love the sarcasm but it didn't get me where I needed to be. The whole point
is to have it done automatically in an environment where multitasking can
lead to hair loss. I found this code and used it. It works.

'Target is an arguments which refers to the range being changed
If Target.Column = 2 Then
'this check is to prevent the procedure from repeatedly calling itself
If Not (Target.Text = UCase(Target.Text)) Then
Target = UCase(Target.Text)

"Fonz" wrote:

I would like to format a column of cells to allow for me to enter text and
for the cells to automatically make the txt ini all capital letters. HOw can
this be done please? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Why bother testing, just upshift it

application.enableevents = false
'Target is an arguments which refers to the range being changed
If Target.Column = 2 Then
Target = UCase(Target.Text)
End If
application.enableevents = true

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Fonz" wrote:

I would like to format a column of cells to allow for me to enter

text and
for the cells to automatically make the txt ini all capital letters.

HOw can
this be done please? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim M

Perhaps you should have made it clear in your first post what 'the whole
point of it was'. I certainly did not find the replay sarcastic. If you are
going to ask a simple question you will get a simple response, if you want
something more in depth make that clear in your intial question.