Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adyden

Default lookup field and copy the row across

Hi,

I am new to this so please be gentle:-)

Can someone help me,

I am trying to look for a value in one column in one sheet and when the
value is found to copy that row into another sheet

Is this something you can do with Excel?

Many thanks in advance

Ady

--
adyden
adyden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35407

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

This is easily accomplished by using either Vlookup or an Index and Match
combination, depending on where the values to return are located in relation
to the lookup data.

If all return values are to the right of the lookup value, Vlookup() can be
used.
Index and Match can be used wherever the return data is in relation to the
lookup data.

Check out the Help files for these functions, and if you need any help, post
back with some specifics on how your data list is configured.
--

HTH,

RD

"adyden" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I am new to this so please be gentle:-)

Can someone help me,

I am trying to look for a value in one column in one sheet and when the
value is found to copy that row into another sheet

Is this something you can do with Excel?

Many thanks in advance

Ady

--
adyden
adyden's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551792

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adyden

Many thanks - I will have a look

--
adyden
adyden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35407
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551792

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adyden

OK I am getting closer:-)

I have a spreadsheet with a number of columns, these have details susch
as serial numbers, part numbers and status

In the status column I am looking to take any rows with a certain
status and put them in another tab

The formula I have =MATCH("Degaused",Sheet1!I:I,0) is showing the
number of occourances, so it is picking the info but not displaying it
as the complete row:-(

Hope this makes sense?