Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lillylutoo

Default How can I CUT and paste to convert columns to rows?

In converting columns to rows, I am able to COPY and paste but cannot CUT and
paste. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to do this?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

This is not a definitive answer to your question, but in my experience, there
are certain things that cannot be done after a CUT that can be done after a
COPY. They seem to be the things that you do with Paste Special so I assume
that it is not possible to do what you ask. (other than workarounds like what
was already suggested.)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"Lillylutoo" wrote:

In converting columns to rows, I am able to COPY and paste but cannot CUT and
paste. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to do this?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Paste Special is one thing you cannot do with Cut cells, so you will not be able
to access the Transpose radio button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP