Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lac

Default MSQuery

Dear All,

I am about to import data from an odbc data source into excel worksheet
using msquery. When I use a simple query from one table I can set up
parameters for the query, but when I build a query using multiple joined
tables / what I really need / the possibility of setting up a parameter
disappears (the button is there but I press it in vain). Why ? Can someone
tell me how to use parametrized query and what are the requirements of such
query ? Also, how can I use a stored procedure to retrieve data when the
procedure has a parameter ?

Regards,
Laszlo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

This page was helpful to me when I was trying to use parameters for the
first time. Hope it helps you too.

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...taexamples.htm

--
Carlos

"Lac" wrote in message
Dear All,

I am about to import data from an odbc data source into excel worksheet
using msquery. When I use a simple query from one table I can set up
parameters for the query, but when I build a query using multiple joined
tables / what I really need / the possibility of setting up a parameter
disappears (the button is there but I press it in vain). Why ? Can someone
tell me how to use parametrized query and what are the requirements of

such
query ? Also, how can I use a stored procedure to retrieve data when the
procedure has a parameter ?

Regards,
Laszlo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lac

Thanks, this page is a really good tutorial and as far as the query is so
simple as the example, it works. However, if you enter the SQL manually and
it is a more complex one then MSQ states that it cannot be represented
visually and from this point parameters cannot be used.