Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
taylorm

Default MSQuery "disappearing"

My company recently upgrade from Excel 97 (Windows NT) to Excel 2002
(Windows XP) and now we're experiencing something strange in one of our
worksheets.

Daily we pull data into the worksheet using MSQuery against an Access
database. From time to time (not every day, not even every other day),
the MSQuery definition seems to "disappear". Meaning, when we go to
Refresh the data in the query, the Refresh option (nor the Edit Query
or Properties or Parameters options) is no longer there. It's as if
the worksheet thinks the data in the data range is simply that, just
data. Not external data as a result of a query.

The first time it happened, we noticed that the named range (Insert /
Name / Define) showed up with some spaces in the front of it. Once we
deleted the extra spaces, the worksheet once again recognized that the
data range was the result of a query and the Refresh option (et al)
were back. But now when we try that trick, we get the error "Not a
valid name".

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem? It's getting rather
irritating having to add the query back into the worksheet every couple
of days!

I would appreciate any and all suggestions!

--
taylorm
taylorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28892