Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
imac1948

Default Excel problem trying to format columns of data

Probably an easy problem for the Excel Wizard. However, not for me.
Presently I have a price list that is 3 columns wide and extends to over 300
pages if printed in its current format.

I would like to move the data so that it shows/prints page 1 and 2 on a
single sheet of paper. There would be room on single sheet of paper for the
3 rows of data for pages 1 and 2. Thereby reducing the printed version to
half.

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Check out this link to David McRitchie's page on the subject:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

--
HTH,

RD

"imac1948" wrote in message
Probably an easy problem for the Excel Wizard. However, not for me.
Presently I have a price list that is 3 columns wide and extends to over

300
pages if printed in its current format.

I would like to move the data so that it shows/prints page 1 and 2 on a
single sheet of paper. There would be room on single sheet of paper for

the
3 rows of data for pages 1 and 2. Thereby reducing the printed version to
half.

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

This macro will give 6 columns 50 rows deep per printed page. Assuming original
data is in in Columns A:C

Sub Set_Two_Times()
Dim iSource As Long
Dim iTarget As Long
Dim cCols As Long
Dim rrows As Long

iSource = 1
iTarget = 1
cCols = 3
rrows = 50
Do
Cells(iSource, "A").Resize(rrows, cCols) _
.Cut Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "A")
Cells(iSource + rrows, "A").Resize(rrows, cCols) _
.Cut Destination:=Cells(iTarget, (cCols + 1))
iSource = iSource + (rrows * cCols)
iTarget = iTarget + (rrows + 1)
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(iSource, "A").Value)

End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP