Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hood

Default How to calculate days:Hours:Minutes:

Norman

this has helped me immensely, most of this thread was completely over my
head, funny that what I needed was actually this straightforward procedure.
Cheers

"Norman Harker" wrote:

Hi Kurewe!

I think that your best bet may be to use Data Text to Columns on
your data.

You'll need to set up 6 empty columns to the right of your data.

Then select your data
Data Text to columns
Delimited
Use a space as the delimiter
Add Other M as an additional delimiter
Next Finish

That gives you your numerics in columns A C and E

Thereafter, it's easy to derive a formula to do what you want.

Send a sample workbook if you like and I'll do it. On limited test
data it appears to work OK. It certainly beats the complicated
formulas although maybe a subroutine will be a better solution.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)