Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CERYD

Default What Formula To Use

I have a Workbook And I dont know what Formula To Use Ive Tried DCOUNT And
SUM Product and Others Some One Help me out

UNIT Date to BN Status
205TH MI N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11feb06 Complete
B CO 1-68 N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11 OCT BN
C CO 1-68 Na G-1

Example of what I want to do is---
IF Unit Equals A CO 1-68 then Count how Many Are G-1 So with this
I would Get 1

Any one Can Help Me????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Say you have ="A CO 1-68" in D1 and "G-1" in E1, you can write:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6D1)*(C2:C6=E1))

HTH
--
AP

"Ardus Petus" a écrit dans le message de news:
=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6="A CO 1-68")*(C2:C6="G-1"))

HTH
--
AP

"CERYD" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have a Workbook And I dont know what Formula To Use Ive Tried DCOUNT And
SUM Product and Others Some One Help me out

UNIT Date to BN Status
205TH MI N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11feb06 Complete
B CO 1-68 N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11 OCT BN
C CO 1-68 Na G-1

Example of what I want to do is---
IF Unit Equals A CO 1-68 then Count how Many Are G-1 So with this
I would Get 1

Any one Can Help Me????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

I already gave you answer with both sumproduct and dcounta yesterday, if you
don't understand it you should post in the same thread
with what didn't work etc

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"CERYD" wrote in message
I have a Workbook And I dont know what Formula To Use Ive Tried DCOUNT And
SUM Product and Others Some One Help me out

UNIT Date to BN Status
205TH MI N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11feb06 Complete
B CO 1-68 N/A G-1
A CO 1-68 11 OCT BN
C CO 1-68 Na G-1

Example of what I want to do is---
IF Unit Equals A CO 1-68 then Count how Many Are G-1 So with this
I would Get 1

Any one Can Help Me????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Here is how a DCOUNTA would look like

=DCOUNTA(A5:C10,"Status",F1:G2)

where F1 holds UNIT, G1 holds Status, F2 holds A CO 1-68 and G2 holds G-1

and A5:C10 is the example table, however unless your example got scrambled
up when you posted it then I can't see how you would get 1
from that, I get zero since there is now row where both A CO 1-68 and G-1
occur