Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dan yemiola

Default Newbie question Different decimal place values for columns

How do I set different decimal values for separates columns?

What I want to do: is have a spreadsheet where the decimals in columns are
displayed as follows:

A whole numbers only
B three decimal places for example 145.310
C one decimal place for example 88.5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Possibly the easiest solution is this:

Display the Formatting Toolbar (if it isn't already visible)
Select the range to be imacted

Then....the Formatting Toolbar has a button that INCREASES visible decimal
places and a button that DECREASES visible decimal places. Just click on
those until the numbers look right.

Alternatively....after selecting the range to be impacted...

From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<number tab
Category: Number
Type: (set the decimals to be visible)

NOTE: You can display hidden toolbars by Right-Clicking in the gray area
under the Excel menu and selecting the toolbar to be viewed or hidden.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP