Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric Hersey

Default I need a date stamp that doesn't change when you enter text

I need code for a date stamp in one cell when you enter text in one other
cell.

Application: A form that will require you to enter your name as a signature
and that it will automatically enter a datestamp above it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Change A1 and A2 below to suit your applicaton.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
'Inserts date in A1 is any value entered in A2
'Clearcontents on A1 if A2 is clearcontents
If Not Range("a2").Value = "" Then
Range("a1").Value = Date '& " " & Time
Else
Range("a1").Value = ""