Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
uw805

Default Running total array?

Can anyone help me with a formula that can return an array with a "running
total" from a row of values? For example:

A B C D E F
Row 1: 1 0 2 3 0 5

I'm looking for a function/formula that would return an array that has the
total of all values as you move from A1 to F1: {1,1,3,6,6,11}

A long version of this formula would be something like:
={Sum(A1:A1),Sum(A1:B1),Sum(A1:C1),...,Sum(A1:F1)} but I will be working
with much longer strings of values. Perhaps something using MMULT or
SUMPRODUCT might work?

Any Ideas? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

One way

=SUM(MMULT(N(TRANSPOSE(COLUMN(A1:F1))=COLUMN(A1:F 1)),TRANSPOSE(A1:F1)))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter will return 28 which is the sum of
{1,1,3,6,6,11}

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey