marty

Default Validation

Thanks Debra,
However, if I may use your example, I would like to allow
cell B3 the Yes and No option at all times. By saying Yes
in B3, pulldowns would not be allowed in either cells C3
and D3 and must be blank. If No is selected in B3 then
pulldowns have to be available for selection. If in a
previous setup, B3 was No and C3 and D3 had values
displayed and if B3 was then selected as Yes then the
values in C3 and B3 would have to be automatically cleared.
Thanks again and have a fun day.

Debra Dalgleish

Marty, I've added another sample file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Variable Validation'
It uses code to clear the cells, and change the validation.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Marty