Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

Default Insert currency numbers from spreadsheet such as 48 = $48.00

I want to insert spreadsheet fields into a word document. the numbers that i
enter into the spreadsheet might be 48 but I want it to convert to currency,
that is $48.00.
How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi Bob,

In word INSERT | OBJECT | EXCEL SPREADSHEET

type 48 and just format as currency

hope this helps
Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Bob" escreveu:

I want to insert spreadsheet fields into a word document. the numbers that i
enter into the spreadsheet might be 48 but I want it to convert to currency,
that is $48.00.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

Hi Marcelo,
I tried that but it inserted a table into my word document. I can get the
numbers to show the currency amount in the spreadsheet view but when i insert
the field into my word document, it only shows the number without the $ sign.
Any othe rsuggestions?
bob

"Bob" escreveu:

I want to insert spreadsheet fields into a word document. the numbers that i
enter into the spreadsheet might be 48 but I want it to convert to currency,
that is $48.00.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

did you insert the spreadsheet as an object in word?

if yes, double click on the table (excel) and format as currency, remember
that you may chose what currency signal you want.

hope this helps
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Bob" escreveu:

I want to insert spreadsheet fields into a word document. the numbers that i
enter into the spreadsheet might be 48 but I want it to convert to currency,
that is $48.00.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob

When I insert spreadsheet as object, the whole spreadsheet is inserted. I
just want the single field to be inserted. I already have the fields inthe
spreadsheet in the currency mode but it doesn't go into the word document
with the right formatting.
???
Bob

"Bob" escreveu:

I want to insert spreadsheet fields into a word document. the numbers that i
enter into the spreadsheet might be 48 but I want it to convert to currency,
that is $48.00.
How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Bob, why not insert a new spreadsheet (empty) type the number and format,

sorry the insistence but its work here.

regards