Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ChadTarget

Default return one value from list

I have a form that a user inputs different categories using drop down boxes.
I need to be able to summarize that data. Is there anyway to get the single
value from the list. For example, someone could choose the same category
twice, but I only want it to be pulled into my list once. I'm not sure if I
need a match or index or if there are any formulas specific for this kind of
question.

EX)
Categories
Pillows
Pillows
Sheets
Tablecloth
Pillows

I would like to lookup off of the above entries and create a list that would
read

Pillows
Sheets
Tableclothes

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KellTainer

You can try Bvan's solution found here.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28989

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Make sure you have a header, select the range, do datafilteradvanced filer
and select copy to another location and unique entries only

for a formula solution see

http://nwexcelsolutions.com/Download..._records. xls

same formula can be found here

http://www.nwexcelsolutions.com/adva...ction_page.htm

number 1 the second formula

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey