Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data validation with hyperlinks

Hi, I am not able to create a hyperlink in a data validation field. In
google and at the internet I have searched for some time in the
existing replies, but was not able to find a reply, which could help to
solve my problem.

Currently I have a date validation area called 'customer' in field H8
to H11.
Each of the cells contains a term (like customer data), which is
hyperlinked to a folder at my harddisk.
I have created a data validation in cell c8 linked to the validation
area called 'customer'.
When I make use of the data validation it works, but the hyperlink does
not work.

I have tried to put a vlookup function in field d8 to ensure this field
would search in the data validation area for the hyperlinks, but this
does not work at all. In addition I have tried to add the formula
=hyperlink(..) before the vlookup function, but this is not working as
well.

Could some one pls. advise how I can ensure the hyperlinks will work in
the data validation field. It could be I have to make use of VBA, in
that case, could you pls. mention the formulas to use in my case based
on the above described setup?

Thanks for your kind assistance in advance,

best regards
Martijn Tasma.