Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

Default Worksheet names 2

Do the worsksheets have a fixed identifier in addition to it's worksheet
name. ie/ is the first worksheet always 1 etc. If so, how can you identify
the worksheet in this way.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

The worksheet has an index number, which start at 1 for the first sheet, 2
for the second, and changes if you move the sheets.

But better yet, they have a codename, which you can change in the VBIDE, and
which doesn't change as sheets move, or as a user renames the Excel name.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil" wrote in message
Do the worsksheets have a fixed identifier in addition to it's worksheet
name. ie/ is the first worksheet always 1 etc. If so, how can you

identify
the worksheet in this way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

How do you include the index number in a formula, if you wanted to link to a
cell in worksheet one for example.

VBIDE is new to me. Is there anywhere I can go for more information in this.

"Phil" wrote in message
Do the worsksheets have a fixed identifier in addition to it's worksheet
name. ie/ is the first worksheet always 1 etc. If so, how can you

identify
the worksheet in this way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Phil,

We are talking VBA here, I don't know if you realised this?

The VBIDE is accessed via Alt-F11, where you get access to VBA, macros, et
al. When in the VBIDE, you have a explorer that shows all objects
(worksheets, code modules, etc.) in that project (workbook). You also have a
properties window, where you can change the codename.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil" wrote in message
Do the worsksheets have a fixed identifier in addition to it's

worksheet
name. ie/ is the first worksheet always 1 etc. If so, how can you

identify
the worksheet in this way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

Thanks

How do I identify the index number (which changes as you move the sheets) to
use it in a formula

"Phil" wrote in message
Do the worsksheets have a fixed identifier in addition to it's

worksheet
name. ie/ is the first worksheet always 1 etc. If so, how can you
identify
the worksheet in this way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

The first sheet is always 1. If you have the name then you can use

Worksheets("mySheet").Index

--
HTH

Bob Phillips