Soapydux

Default Lookups using worksheet names

Is there anyway of automatically picking up a figure from a specific
cell on various worksheets buy using the worksheet name?

I have a spreadsheet that has worksheets with the clients contract
numbers, e:g each worksheet would be named something like this:
000/12345678/123

I also have a spreadsheet with all the above contract numbers listed
which looks up the clients names and addresses etc. The data on each
sheet is always in a specific cell on each worksheet for the sake of
argument cell A1.

I would like to use the spreadsheet with the contract numbers listed to
look up cell A1 on each spreadsheet by using the worksheet name (i.e.
contract number)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

If A12 contains the contract number of a client, and you want B2 pull up the
contents of A1 of a different worksheet named after that contract number,
use the following formula in B12.

= INDIRECT("'"&A12&"'!A1")

By the way, have you successfully named the worksheets using clients'
contract numbers in the format you have shown? I think that Excel will not
accept the "/" character as part of worksheet names. You might have to
change the contract numbers as (e.g., 000-12345678-123 or something like that.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Soapydux" wrote:

Is there anyway of automatically picking up a figure from a specific
cell on various worksheets buy using the worksheet name?

I have a spreadsheet that has worksheets with the clients contract
numbers, e:g each worksheet would be named something like this:
000/12345678/123

I also have a spreadsheet with all the above contract numbers listed
which looks up the clients names and addresses etc. The data on each
sheet is always in a specific cell on each worksheet for the sake of
argument cell A1.

I would like to use the spreadsheet with the contract numbers listed to
look up cell A1 on each spreadsheet by using the worksheet name (i.e.
contract number)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Soapydux