Mladen_Dj

Default Lookups using worksheet names

To reference worksheet use formula ='Sheet Name'!A1
Also, you can't use "/" in worksheet name.

"Soapydux" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there anyway of automatically picking up a figure from a specific
cell on various worksheets buy using the worksheet name?

I have a spreadsheet that has worksheets with the clients contract
numbers, e:g each worksheet would be named something like this:
000/12345678/123

I also have a spreadsheet with all the above contract numbers listed
which looks up the clients names and addresses etc. The data on each
sheet is always in a specific cell on each worksheet for the sake of
argument cell A1.

I would like to use the spreadsheet with the contract numbers listed to
look up cell A1 on each spreadsheet by using the worksheet name (i.e.
contract number)

Any thoughts?

Thanks