Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bullseye

Default sorting two columns at the same time

I have a spreadsheet with several related columns and I wish to focus on
three of them. Column A gives me an alphabetically sorted column which
I wish to sort using columns B and C. I want to sort column B in
ascending order, while at the same time sorting column C in descending
order and based on this to see what I get in column A.

How do I do this?

--

If you wish to reply using e-mail, please add a 35 (the number) after
bullseye.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bullseye

bullseye wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with several related columns and I wish to focus on
three of them. Column A gives me an alphabetically sorted column which
I wish to sort using columns B and C. I want to sort column B in
ascending order, while at the same time sorting column C in descending
order and based on this to see what I get in column A.

How do I do this?

(Column A loses its alphabetical sorting once the sorting with columns B
and C completes.)

--

If you wish to reply using e-mail, please add a 35 (the number) after
bullseye.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bullseye

sorry for the delayed reply.

The Data/Sort function is a step in the right direction but doesn't work
well.