reades

Default sorting and getting calculations in other columns use new rows

I have got a worksheet where column A is the date, but not in order.

Other columns have finance information, and contain calculations using data
from other cells. eg
A12=10/10/2005
B12=C25*1.175

If I now sort on column A (the date column) I find that B12 refers to some
other cell in column C, whereas I want it to take the value from where C25
has now moved to.

What am I doing wrong? (hope this makes sense)

Thanks
Rod
Roger Govier

Hi

You need to mark your whole range of data before choosing Sort, then the
other data will move in line with the sorted column(s)

Regards

Roger Govier