Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DaleH

Default The Autofilter misses some numbers

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that has a lot of different ID numbers on it
which repeat in various places down the column.

I put on the autofilter so I can click the drop down and select
whatever ID number I want and it displays all the entries with that ID
number grouped together.

That works great but it leaves out some of the ID numbers. I've
re-created the spreadsheet, put the column in a text file and imported
etc but it still leaves out some of the numbers. Any ideas, this is
driving me nuts

Dale

--
DaleH
DaleH's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35091

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Heather Heritage

you probably have blank lines in the data - which Excel interprets as end of
data. Solution is to select as a range the entire block of data, then apply
the autofilter.
"DaleH" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that has a lot of different ID numbers on it
which repeat in various places down the column.

I put on the autofilter so I can click the drop down and select
whatever ID number I want and it displays all the entries with that ID
number grouped together.

That works great but it leaves out some of the ID numbers. I've
re-created the spreadsheet, put the column in a text file and imported
etc but it still leaves out some of the numbers. Any ideas, this is
driving me nuts

Dale

--
DaleH
DaleH's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548512

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DaleH

You can only use 1000 unique records for the auto filter to work

Thanks

Dale

--
DaleH
DaleH's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35091
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548512

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph

"DaleH" wrote in
message ...

You can only use 1000 unique records for the auto filter to work

Thanks

Dale

The autofilter will work, but it won't present the extra items in the
drop-down menu.
One recommended work-round is a helper column to sub-divide the original
list (such as 0-1000, 1000-2000, etc.), filter on that first, and then
fine-tune from there.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

I had a user with a similar complaint recently.

Make sure there are no hidden rows within your data range. Select the
entire sheet by clicking on the blank rectangle above row 1 and left of
column A, then click: format row unhide.

--
Carlos