Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
associates

Default conditional formatting

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here.

for example
in worksheet "sheet1",
A B C
1 server1 200 200
2 server2 300 300
3 PC1 200 150
4 ...

what i would like to do is, imagine, we have yellow color all over row
1, 2, 3, etc. If someone comes in and change the value at cell, B2,
from 300 to 200, i like the color changed to, for example red. But if
another person comes in and changes it back to 300, the color changes
back to yellow from red. So, i thought i may use worksheet "sheet2",
and make it exactly the same as sheet1. Everything is the same, just a
replica of sheet1. But then, i discovered that excel doesn't allow to
work between worksheets in terms of conditional formatting. The message
that i got read as follows

"You may not use references to other worksheets or ... for conditional
formatting criteria."

So, what should i do in order to be able to do the things i want it
to?

Thank you in advance.

--
associates
associates's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35073

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Heather Heritage

You CAN reference other worksheets if you do so by means of named ranges -
so define some names, then use those (insert menu, name etc)
"associates" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
associates

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it works. Thanks a lot.

But if i may ask you again. It works if it's a single cell. But i was
struggling to get it to work when trying to select more than a single
cells, say, C4 to C9. I named them as group1. the formatting only
applies to C4.

FOr example

sheet1 sheet2
C4 200 200
C5 20 20
C6 80 80
C7 30 30

if someone changes the value of C4 from 200 to 250, the color changes
because it's not equal to 200 that is in sheet2, C4. i want the same
rule applies to C5, C6, C7...etc

Thank you in advance