Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
claaygard

Default How to copy personal.XLS macros to a Cd for use on all XP compuers

I want to make a CD that contains macros from my personal.XLS file---a CD
containing macros that can be used on any computer that has Excel on it
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Copy the macros as text and save as a text file or export them as a *.bas
file then either import the bas file(s) or just copy and paste

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"claaygard" wrote in message
I want to make a CD that contains macros from my personal.XLS file---a CD
containing macros that can be used on any computer that has Excel on it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
claaygard

Default How to copy personal.XLS macros to a Cd for use on all XP comp

Thanks for your reply. I have exported the files as .bas files. I can copy
them but where do I paste them. On other computers, when I click on the
graphic to which the macro is assigned, I get the message, "Cannot find the
personal.XLS file".

"claaygard" wrote in message
I want to make a CD that contains macros from my personal.XLS file---a CD
containing macros that can be used on any computer that has Excel on it

THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Put the *.BAS files in a folder, open excel, press alt + f11 to open the
VBE, select the personal.xls in the left project pane, do fileimport file
(or press ctrl + m), point to the directory with the files and open them,
then when exiting excel don't forget to save the personal.xls when prompted