Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hyatt2k2

Default How can I nest ISTEXT and IF functions?

I am sure this is probably simple and obvious, but I'm no Execl expert! I am
trying to make a cell return the value of 1 if true, 0 if false if another
cell (in another workbook) contains text. I can't seem to get IF and ISTEXT
to nest and I really don't want to have to create an entire separate range of
cells to perform the functions separately. Thanks in advance for your
help/advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=--(ISTEXT([Book1]Sheet1!$A$6))

as an example will return 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey