Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glynn Furr

Default Help! Current Date in a column

I am hoping that someone can help me with this.

I have a column that is normally blank in each cell. I place an "X" in a
cell in that column when an event occurs for the Person represented by the
row. What I need is: to have a date column that went the X is placed in the
that cell, the current date is placed in the date column cell for that row.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance,

Glynn ..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excelent

try: put in sheet's code module

If ActiveCell.Column = 1 Then
If Target = "X" Then
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1) = Date ' date in column B
'ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 2) = Date ' date in column C
'ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 3) = Date ' date in column D
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1).Columns.AutoFit ' remember to chage this if u
change date column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian P

This can be done without VBA using the formula

=if(b1="X",now(),"")

where B1 is the cell that you want to chek for an X.

HTH

Ian

"Glynn Furr" wrote:

I am hoping that someone can help me with this.

I have a column that is normally blank in each cell. I place an "X" in a
cell in that column when an event occurs for the Person represented by the
row. What I need is: to have a date column that went the X is placed in the
that cell, the current date is placed in the date column cell for that row.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance,

Glynn ..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Ian

Unfortunately the now() function will update each time a calculation takes
place.

I believe Glynn would like a static date, which requires VBA.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP