Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niklas

Default Costom format - 0.0061 to 6.1

Hi
If I want to scale a number by a multiple of one thousand in Custom Format I
write #,
Fo example 6000 will be displayed as 6.
Is it possible to do it the our way around. For Example I want the number
0.0061 to be displayed as 6.1. How do i do it?
Regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brad

One easy solution, assuming you numbers are in columns, insert a column =
divide the number in the previous by 1000 (60000 down to 6) - or to multiply
the number by 1000 (.0061 to 6.1).

Another solution would be format the numbers as scientific - you wouldn't
have to add a column, but you would get some extra stuff you didn't ask for.