Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stewart

Default Hidden Function?

I need a FUNCTION that can return TRUE/FALSE as to whether a referenced
cell/row is hidden. Got one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Try
Function IsVisible(Rng As Range) As Boolean
IsVisible = (Rng(1, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = False)
End Function

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stewart" wrote in message
I need a FUNCTION that can return TRUE/FALSE as to whether a
referenced
cell/row is hidden. Got one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Chip, may you could help me,

for 1,2,3,4,,6,7,8,9 and 0
1 return A
2 return B
9 return I
0 return J

so if I have in A1 a number like 4684 I would like on B1 something like DFHD.
I could use a fuction like:

Function GetDigit(Digit)
Select Case Val(Digit)
Case 1: GetDigit = "A"
Case 2: GetDigit = "B"
Case 3: GetDigit = "C"
Case 4: GetDigit = "D"
Case 5: GetDigit = "E"
Case 6: GetDigit = "F"
Case 7: GetDigit = "G"
Case 8: GetDigit = "H"
Case 9: GetDigit = "I"
Case 0: GetDigit = "J"
Case Else: GetDigit = ""
End Select
End Function

to have the digits convert but I must "separate" each digit of the entire
number and convert and concatenate it.

How can I include, Tens, Hundreds, Millions, etc on that function?

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Stewart" wrote in message
I need a FUNCTION that can return TRUE/FALSE as to whether a
referenced
cell/row is hidden. Got one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis

Here's one idea:

Function Convert2Letters(n) As String
Dim s As String
Dim p As Long
Dim d As Variant

For p = 1 To Len(n)
d = Mid(n, p, 1)
Select Case d
Case 0 To 9
s = s & Chr((232792549 Mod (d + 10)) + 65)
End Select
Next p
Convert2Letters = s
End Function

=Convert2Letters(4684)
returns "DFHD"

--
HTH. :)
Dana DeLouis

"Stewart" wrote in message
I need a FUNCTION that can return TRUE/FALSE as to whether a
referenced
cell/row is hidden. Got one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stewart

Wow! I did not know you could create your own functions and reference them in
Thanks