Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
awilliams

Default WHAT FUNCTION 2 ENTER SO THE CELL TURNS RED AFTER CURRENT DATE

i have having trouble finding a function that will allow me to make the cell
change red if the date that is entered into that cell becomes older than the
current date. if anyone can help me that would be great.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Formatconditional formatting, formula is

=A1<TODAY()

select a red pattern/font

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"awilliams" wrote in message
i have having trouble finding a function that will allow me to make the
cell
change red if the date that is entered into that cell becomes older than
the
current date. if anyone can help me that would be great.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kcoakley

If you do a Conditional Formatting like this:

Cell Value Is
less than
=NOW()

And set the desired formatting with the Format button.

"awilliams" wrote:

i have having trouble finding a function that will allow me to make the cell
change red if the date that is entered into that cell becomes older than the
current date. if anyone can help me that would be great.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

you could use conditional format

regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"awilliams" escreveu:

i have having trouble finding a function that will allow me to make the cell
change red if the date that is entered into that cell becomes older than the
current date. if anyone can help me that would be great.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

in Conditional formatting, select column e.g. colA and:

Formula is: =AND(A1<today(),A1<"")

select colour

HTH