Shannon

Default Excel: How do I enter a date in one cell & automatically dates adj

In excel, I am trying to find a formula or funtion so that when I enter a
date (1/10/05) in cell A1 for example, then B1 automatically changes to
1/11/05, C1 to 1/12/05, etc. Can anyone help? Thanks!!
Dave O

In cell B1 your formula is
=A1+1

That will advance the date by one day. Copy that formula across, and
you're good to go.

Shannon

Hi Dave O, Thank you so much! Here's another question that has developed
after I entered that formula. Before I have a date in A1, B1 states
"1/1/1900", C1 states "1/2/1900"; but it works perfectly once I enter a date
in A1. I'm trying to create a timesheet template and don't want 1/1/1900 etc
to be confusing. Is there a way that until I have a date in A1, nothing will
show up in B1, C1, etc.? Thanks again. -Shannon

"Dave O" wrote:

In cell B1 your formula is
=A1+1

That will advance the date by one day. Copy that formula across, and
you're good to go.

Gord Dibben

Shannon

In B1 enter =IF($A$1="","",A1 + 1)