Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trenton

Default Upcoming Date alerts

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

TRY:

Assuming dates are in column A, highlight column A, then in Conditional
Formatting set "Formula is" to =(A1<=TODAY()+30)

and set to required colour.

HTH

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

The current test should highlight any expiry date within 30 days of today i.e
any dates before 30th June 2006. Is this what is required or have I
misunderstood?

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trenton

Your understanding is correct. My spreadsheet, however,isn't doing it. In my
case, the datres I'm tracking are in column G, starting @ G6 through G77.
I've tried highlightong the entire G column and inputting your formula, as
well as just highlighting G6-G77. Each time, it highlights all sorts of
cells, some with dates
such as 10-Oct-08, but ironically not 23-Jun-06. I've also tried changing
the cell date format to an all numeric version, with no change.

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

Check that (some of) the fields are not formatted as text rather than dates.
I have re-checked my formatting and it works with date fields but fails if
they are text fields.

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trenton

Perfect! Thank you! One last question, some of the cells are blank (IE no
course required for that person) is there an additional format to not
highlight those?

"Trenton" wrote:

Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trenton

Thank you for your assistance.

"Toppers" wrote: