Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John

Default Sumif interior.colorindex condition

I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Can't do it that way, as interior.colorindex is a VBA statement, not a
function. You need to create a UDF to return the colorindex, and then count
the values returned.

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working
solution

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Hi Bob,

i've tryed to use colorindex fuction, (course I copy your VBA to my
workbook), but it's returned #NOME?

My excel is in brazilian portuguese, but I think it is not a problem to run
the fuction, do you have any Idea about this error message?

Regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

In Portuguese you should use SOMARPRODUTO not SUMPRODUCT. I don't know it is
exactly the same in Brazilian Portuguese.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

yes, is that SOMARPRODUTO, but, I just try to use the function COLORINDEX(A1)
for eg, and it's returns #nome.

regards

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It is difficult to say Marcelo as I don't have a foreign language Excel to
try it with (must get one one day).

Can you mail me the workbook?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below

cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Bob

I think, I was doing something wrong...because know its work..

Thanks for your help

Marcelo

"John" wrote in message
I tried to use sumif to sum up values of cells in a row below

cells
highlighted with interior colorfilled:

sumif(range1, interior.colorindex=3,range2)

range 1 - row with highlighted cells
interior fill color - red
range 2 - cells in row below containing values to be summed up

the formula returned 0 value.

Anyone who can shed some light?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Well it's a result no matter how achieved <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" escreveu:

Can't do it that way, as interior.colorindex is a VBA statement,

not
function. You need to create a UDF to return the colorindex, and

then
count
the values returned.

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a

working
solution

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing

direct)